Being a modern day farm wife Terry Ann finds that her time is limited. The days where the house wife spent a majority of her time in the kitchen are non-existent.
Using modern day conveniences and old fashioned ingredients readily available from the farm and her garden, she makes home-cooked meals. The recipes and meal ideas are designed to get your family around the table without compromising your already busy schedule.
A lot of the recipes are influenced by Dutch recipes handed down from her Oma to her mother to her.
To start let’s share what to do with a Family Box to create 10 meal ideas.
Family Box – provides a nice sampling of select cuts for a family of four – 2 adults, 2 children under 10. A bigger family just means a few less meal options.
This box contains :
- 1 pkg lean ground beef (1.2 lb)
- 1 beef roast (approx. 2.5 lb)
- 1 pkg garlic or farmers sausage (1 lb)
- 1 pkg pork chops (2 per pack approx. 1.2 lb)
- 1 pkg smoked pork chops (2 per pack approx. 1.2 lb)
- 1 pork roast or ham roast (approx. 2.5lb)